Special Winter 2020 Fees
Players will register to play with Moorabbin Magic for the unprecedented Winter 2020 season via Play HQ.
1st Child $150.00
2nd Child $135.00
3rd Child $120.00
(Basketball Victoria also charges a licence fee of $25.00 per annum per player to cover insurance. This will be added to your registration fee as a separate item once a year and will commence when the season begins. )
Payment is to be made at the time of registration.
In some circumstances payment plans are available. Please contact email@example.com to make arrangements.
Registrations are now open and will close on 1 July, 2020.
Additional Season Fees
Finals: If your team makes the finals a scoresheet fee of $60.00 per match per team will be payable by the players.
Forfeits: If you are unable to field a team please let the Club know as soon as possible so that we can help you find players from a lower age group. If the team forfeits the team will be asked to cover any costs.
Players moving to or from Moorabbin Magic to another club or independent team within the MBA competition must complete a Clearance Form. The form can be downloaded from here: https://www.mckinnonbasketball.org/forms-and-policies
The form needs to be signed by the President or Secretary of the originating club and submitted to the MBA office by 5pm on the Monday immediately after the weekend junior domestic grand finals. No late forms will be accepted.
A Clearance is not required if a player has only played one season with the Club.
The age groups for the Winter 2020 season are:
Under 10 – 2011/2012/2013 Player must turn 7 before start of season
Under 12 – 2009/2010
Under 14 – 2007/2008
Under 16 – 2005/2006
Under 18 – 2003/2004
Under 20 – 2001/2002
All players are required to purchase a Moorabbin Magic Uniform.
Singlet & Shorts – $110.00
Singlet – $70.00
Shorts – $40.00
Please contact the Uniform Co-ordinator if you wish to donate, sell or buy a secondhand uniform.
Uniform sales are held at Coatesville Primary School on two evenings prior to the start of each season.
Our Uniform Co-Ordinator can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training times will be allocated according to coach and court availability. We cannot guarantee that you will receive the same training day and time as previous seasons. Training is primarily conducted out of Coatesville Primary School on Monday to Thursdays after 6.00pm. Where available we also train out of McKinnon Secondary College and Jump Central.
Fee refund policy
Registering to play with Moorabbin Magic signifies an ongoing commitment to the Club for the upcoming season. A player withdrawal after registration has closed is disruptive not only to individual teams but the entire age group. It also creates considerable work for the Club’s committee members, all of whom are volunteers.
Therefore, the Club will only refund fees for a season in the following circumstances:
- In all cases – the refund request is in writing and submitted to email@example.com.
The refund request must include the following details:
- Player’s name
- Parent/Guardian’s name
- Phone number and email contact details
- Current age group and team
- Detailed reasons for the request with any supporting documentation (e.g. medical certificate that describes the injury/illness and states that the player is unable to play basketball or any other physical sport for the majority of the season)
- Bank account details for the purpose of paying any refund.
- If the refund request is received by the Club (at the email address set out at 1. above) within 14 days of registrations for Moorabbin Magic closing – a full refund less the PlayHQ processing fee of 3.49% will be paid. For example, if registrations close on 25 March then the refund request must be received by the Club on or before 8 April.
- If the refund request is received by the Club other than as set out in 2. above – a partial fee refund, in accordance with the table below, will be paid only if:
|Number of regular-season games played||% refund||Amount refunded for the first child||Amount refunded for the second child||Amount refunded for the third child|
|3 games or less played||75%||$202.50||$182.25||$162|
|4 to 7 games played||50%||$135||$121.5||$108|
|8 games or more played||No||$0||$0||$0|
- the player has been unable to play for a majority of the regular season due to injury and/or illness or if the family moves away from the area and it is no longer practical for the player to continue playing for Moorabbin Magic
- the request is received by the Club (at the email address set out at 1. above) prior to the commencement of finals for the season in which the injury/illness/move occurred. No consideration will be given to refund requests if the request is received after that time.
For the avoidance of doubt, if a request for a refund of fees is made other than during the timeframe set out at 2. above, the request will be denied if the reason for the request is other than as set out in 3. including, amongst other things, because of:
- a dislike of the team into which the player has been placed
- a dislike of the allocated coach
- an inability to train at the allocated time/day
- preferences not being met (e.g. not playing with friends or in a particular Division)
- a dislike of the team’s allocated Division
- other sport/social/work commitments of the player
- a change of mind by the player or the player’s parents
- suspension or expulsion from a team by a player who violates/ disregards any rules in the relevant Code of Conduct.