PlayHQ Registration Links
Registrations are now open and will close on 2nd April 2021. If you have registered previously using PlayHQ please use the same account to register as it will have your details saved. If you are new and have not registered before, you will need to create a PlayHQ account.
Winter 2021 Fees
The following fees are required to be paid at the time registration:
Junior Player Registration Fee
Junior Players will register to play with Moorabbin Magic for the Winter 2021 season via Play HQ.
1st Child $270
2nd Child: $243
3rd Child and subsequent children: $216.
NOTE 1: Parents/Siblings of players who volunteer to coach a team will have the Registration Fee of player waived via Voucher Code to be applied when registering player. If this is your situation please email email@example.com to obtain Voucher Code.
NOTE 2: For teams that wish to play without training/coach or awards please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.
Basketball Victoria Annual Licence Fee
Basketball Victoria charges a licence fee of $25 per annum per junior player (and $39 per annum for seniors) to cover insurance. This will be added to your registration fee as a separate item once a year, i.e. if you have paid the fee the previous season and you use the same PlayHQ account to register, you should not be charged the fee again.
McKinnon Basketball Association (Entry) Fee
The MBA are charging a set entry fee for junior players for the season of $42, e.g. 14 games at $3 per game, and $54 (18 games x$3) for O35 Men and O30 Women players.
|Junior Players||O35 Men & O30 Women|
|Player Registration*||$270 |
($243 2nd Child)
($216 3rd Child+)
|Basketball Victoria Annual Licence Fee*|
(if not paid for the previous season)
|McKinnon Association (Entry) Fee*||$42 |
(14 games x$3)
(18 games x$3)
|* paid at time of registration|
|Spectator Game Entry (per game)||$3||$3|
Additional Season Fees
Finals: If your team makes the finals an additional scoresheet fee ($73) will be applicable for each match and will be payable by the players. Entry for both players and spectators will be charged for finals games.
Forfeits: If you are unable to field a team please let the Club know as soon as possible so that we can help you find players from a lower age group. If the team forfeits the team will be asked to cover any costs.
In some circumstances payment plans are available. Please contact email@example.com to make arrangements.
Players moving to/from Moorabbin Magic from/to another club or independent team within the MBA competition must complete a Clearance Form. The form can be downloaded from here: McKinnon Basketball Association Player Clearance Form
The form needs to be signed by the President or Secretary of the originating club and submitted to the MBA office by 5pm on the Monday immediately after the weekend junior domestic grand finals. No late forms will be accepted.
Winter Season Key Dates
|2nd April 2021||Registrations Close|
|21st April 2021||O35M & O30W Competition begins|
|1st/2nd May 2021||U10-U20 B/G Competition begins|
|1st September 2021||O35M & O30W 1st v 4th, 2nd v 3rd Finals|
|4th/5th September 2021||U10-U20 B/G 1st v 4th, 2nd v 3rd Finals|
|8th September 2021||O35M & O30W Grand Final|
|11th/12th September 2021||U10-U20 B/G Grand Final weekend|
The age groups for the Winter 2021 season are:
Under 10 – 2012/2013/2014 Player must turn 7 before start of season
Under 12 – 2010/2011
Under 14 – 2008/2009
Under 16 – 2006/2007
Under 18 – 2004/2005
Under 20 – 2002/2003
All players are required to purchase a Moorabbin Magic Uniform.
Singlet & Shorts – $110.00
Singlet – $70.00
Shorts – $40.00
Please contact the Uniform Co-ordinator if you wish to donate, sell or buy a secondhand uniform.
Uniform sales are held at Coatesville Primary School on two evenings prior to the start of each season.
Our Uniform Co-Ordinator can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training times will be allocated according to coach and court availability. We cannot guarantee that you will receive the same training day and time as previous seasons. Training is primarily conducted out of Coatesville Primary School on Monday to Thursdays after 6.00pm. Where available we also train out of Jump Central.
Fee refund policy
Registering to play with Moorabbin Magic signifies an ongoing commitment to the Club for the upcoming season. A player withdrawal after registration has closed is disruptive not only to individual teams but the entire age group. It also creates considerable work for the Club’s committee members, all of whom are volunteers.
Therefore, the Club will only refund fees for a season in the following circumstances:
- In all cases – the refund request is in writing and submitted to email@example.com.
The refund request must include the following details:
- Player’s name
- Parent/Guardian’s name
- Phone number and email contact details
- Current age group and team
- Detailed reasons for the request with any supporting documentation (e.g. medical certificate that describes the injury/illness and states that they player is unable to play basketball or any other physical sport for the majority of the season)
- Bank account details for the purpose of paying any refund.
2. If the refund request is received by the Club (at the email address set out at 1. above) within 14 days of registrations for Moorabbin Magic closing – a full refund less the PlayHQ processing fee of 3.49% will be paid.
3. If the refund request is received by the Club other than as set out in 2. above – a partial fee refund, in accordance with the table below, will be paid only if:
- the player has been unable to play for a majority of the regular season due to injury and/or illness or if the family moves away from the area and it is no longer practical for the player to continue playing for Moorabbin Magic
- the request is received by the Club (at the email address set out at 1. above) prior to the commencement of the final round of the season in which the injury/illness/move occurred. No consideration will be given to refund requests if the request is received after that time.
|Number of regular season games played||% refund|
|3 games or less played||75% refund|
|4 to 7 games played||50% refund|
|8 games or more played||No refund|
For the avoidance of doubt, if a request for a refund of fees is made other than during the timeframe set out at 2. above, the request will be denied if the reason for the request is other than as set out in 3. including, amongst other things, because of:
- a dislike of the team into which the player has been placed
- a dislike of the allocated coach
- an inability to train at the allocated time/day
- preferences not being met (e.g. not playing with friends or in a particular Division)
- a dislike of the team’s allocated Division
- other sport/social/work commitments of the player
- a change of mind by the player or the player’s parents
- suspension or expulsion from a team by a player who violates/ disregards any rules in the relevant Code of Conduct.