The following is to be used as a guide only. The Moorabbin Magic Basketball Club (MMBC) Executive will act upon all written concerns. They will use the MMBC and McKinnon Basketball Association (MBA) Bylaws and policies to guide this process. Should a MMBC decision be disputed it will be sent first to the MBA and if necessary to the tribunal. All tribunal decisions will be final.
The MMBC understand that our members may sometimes have concerns arising from basketball activities and have written this to help them work through these. MMBC ask all our members to 1) consider if the matter really is a concern that needs to be reported and 2) stick to the facts when reporting a concern.
- All safety concerns should be addressed immediately. If at a game tell the venue manager or your coach who will bring it to the ref’s attention. If it is likely that it will be an ongoing concern then email the Club Secretary to report it.
- Trip hazards should be moved where possible.
- Spills cleaned.
- There should be 2 adults at every training – this can include the coach.
- Should a concern arise during training it should be addressed to either the coach or one of the adults present.
- If the concern is about the coach then it should be raised to the MMBC Executive.
At the game concerns
- All concerns should go through the Team Manager and/or Coach.
- Only the Coach can talk to Referees. Any negativity or questioning of Referees by spectators will not be tolerated and might result in ejection from the stadium. Similarly, any negativity by Coaches towards Referees will not be tolerated and might be reported.
- The Team Manager should report any concerns regarding spectator behaviour to the Venue Manager located at the front desk at each venue.
- If you have other concerns that you are not sure about please refer to the policies as per below for guidance. In particular, be aware of the MMVC Child Protection Policy.
- Concerns about teams – speak to the relevant coordinator.
Please refer to the following for more information.
- MMBC Child Protection Policy
- MBA Complaint and Grievance Policy
- MBA Domestic Bylaws (Junior and Senior)
- MBA Codes of Conduct
- MBA OH&S Policy
- MBA Drug & Alcohol Policy
- MBA Heat Policy
- MBA Equity & Inclusiveness Policy
- MBA Video & Photography Policy
- MBA Child Safe Policy
MBA Policies can be found on the McKinnon Basketball Club website under Admin.
MMBC policies can be found on the Moorabbin Magic Basketball Club website.