PlayHQ Registration Links
Registrations for junior competitions are now closed.
Summer 2023/24 Fees
The following fees are required to be paid at the time registration:
Junior Player Registration Fee
Junior Players will register to play with Moorabbin Magic for the Summer 2023/24 season via Play HQ.
1st Child $320 (Early bird $295)
2nd Child: $290 (Early bird $266)
3rd Child and subsequent children: $260 (No Early bird discount)
(Please email email@example.com for a Voucher Code)
NOTE 1: Parents/Siblings of players who volunteer to coach a team will have the Registration Fee of player waived via Voucher Code to be applied when registering player. If this is your situation please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain Voucher Code.
NOTE 2: For teams that wish to play without training/coach or awards please contact email@example.com to discuss options BEFORE REGISTERING.
Basketball Victoria Annual Licence Fee
Basketball Victoria charges a licence fee of $29 per annum per junior player (and $43 per annum for seniors) to cover insurance. This will be added to your registration fee as a separate item once a year, i.e. if you have paid the fee the previous season and you use the same PlayHQ account to register, you should not be charged the fee again.
McKinnon Basketball Association (Entry) Fee
The MBA are charging stadium entry per player to cover entry for the player and unlimited spectators during the regular season.
|Junior Players||O35 Men & O30 Women|
|Player Registration*||$320 (1st Child)|
$290 (2nd Child)
$260 (3rd Child+)
|Basketball Victoria Annual Licence Fee*|
(if not paid for the previous season)
|$29 up to 17yo|
$43 18yo and over
|McKinnon Association (Entry) Fee*||$90||$54|
|* paid at time of registration|
|Spectator Game Entry (per game)||Free||Free|
Additional Season Fees
Finals: If your team makes the finals an additional scoresheet fee will be applicable for each match and will be payable by the players. Entry for both players and spectators will be charged for finals games.
Semi Final team sheet $77 per team
Grand Final team sheet $85 per team (includes referee at scorebench)
Forfeits: If you are unable to field a team please let the Club know as soon as possible so that we can help you find players from a lower age group. If the team forfeits the team will be asked to cover any costs.
In some circumstances payment plans are available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Get Active Kids Voucher
The Get Active Kids Voucher Program is a Victorian Government initiative which helps eligible families get their kids involved in organised sport and active recreation activities. Eligible children may receive up to $200 to cover the costs for membership and registration fees.
If the program does open and you can apply for a voucher, please select Basketball Victoria (Provider #2951096) as the provider.
Transfers(Clearances) are now processed via PlayHQ. Players moving to/from Moorabbin Magic from/to another club or independent team within the MBA competition must request a transfer at the time they register on PlayHQ.
Summer Season Key Dates
8 August Summer 23/24 season registration opens
21 August Early bird registration closes
29 August Free clinic #1 (Beginner U8-U12 Boys/Girls)
31 August Free clinic #2 (Intermediate U12-U18 Girls)
1 September Summer 23/24 registration closes
2 & 3 September Winter season Semi Finals
5 September Free clinic #3 (Beginner U8-U12 Boys/Girls)
7 September Free clinic #4 (Intermediate U12-U18 Boys)
9 & 10 September Winter season Finals
10 September Presentation Day
18 September Team lists and training schedule sent out
4 October Summer season starts
19 October Coach Connections Night
Please be aware of age group changes for Summer and the associated ball size:
Age Group Years Ball size
U8 2017/18 5
U10 2015/16 5
U12 2013/14 5
U14 2011/12 6
U16 2009/10 6 (Girls) 7 (Boys)
U18 2007/08 6 (Girls) 7 (Boys)
U20 2005/06 6 (Girls) 7 (Boys)
More information about the Summer 2023/24 Season
Please see the MBA Summer 2023/24 Season Handbook (once MBA update their website)
All players are required to purchase a Moorabbin Magic Uniform.
Singlet & Shorts – $110.00
Singlet – $70.00
Shorts – $40.00
Please contact the Uniform Co-ordinator if you wish to donate, sell or buy a secondhand uniform.
Please order your uniform online https://moorabbinmagic.org/shop/
Uniform sales are usually held at Coatesville Primary School on two evenings prior to the start of each season.
Our Uniform Co-Ordinator can be contacted at email@example.com.
Training times will be allocated according to coach and court availability. We cannot guarantee that you will receive the same training day and time as previous seasons. Training is primarily conducted out of Coatesville Primary School on Monday to Thursdays after 6.00pm, but some training sessions are held at earlier times and at other venues.
Fee refund policy
Registering to play with Moorabbin Magic signifies an ongoing commitment to the Club for the upcoming season. A player withdrawal after registration has closed is disruptive not only to individual teams but the entire age group. It also creates considerable work for the Club’s committee members, all of whom are volunteers.
Therefore, the Club will only refund fees for a season in the following circumstances:
- In all cases – the refund request is in writing and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The refund request must include the following details:
- Player’s name
- Parent/Guardian’s name
- Phone number and email contact details
- Current age group and team
- Detailed reasons for the request with any supporting documentation (e.g. medical certificate that describes the injury/illness and states that they player is unable to play basketball or any other physical sport for the majority of the season)
- Bank account details for the purpose of paying any refund.
2. If the refund request is received by the Club within 14 days of registrations for Moorabbin Magic closing – a full refund less the PlayHQ processing fee of 3.49% will be paid.
3. If the refund request is received by the Club other than during the timeframe set out at 2. above – a partial fee refund, in accordance with the table below, will be paid only if:
- the player has been unable to play for a majority of the regular season due to injury and/or illness or if the family moves away from the area and it is no longer practical for the player to continue playing for Moorabbin Magic
- the request is received by the Club prior to the commencement of the final round of the season in which the injury/illness/move occurred. No consideration will be given to refund requests if the request is received after that time.
|Number of regular season games played||% refund|
|3 games or less played||75% refund|
|4 to 6 games played||50% refund|
|7 games or more played||No refund|
For the avoidance of doubt, if a request for a refund of fees is made other than during the timeframe set out at 2. above, the request will be denied if the reason for the request is other than as set out in 3. including, amongst other things, because of:
- a dislike of the team into which the player has been placed
- a dislike of the allocated coach
- an inability to train at the allocated time/day
- preferences not being met (e.g. not playing with friends or in a particular Division)
- a dislike of the team’s allocated Division
- other sport/social/work commitments of the player
- a change of mind by the player or the player’s parents
- suspension or expulsion from a team by a player who violates/ disregards any rules in the relevant Code of Conduct.