To account for the inevitable times when a team is unable to field their normal team due to COVID exposure the MBA have instigated the following rules/exemptions:
To support teams during these unprecedented times the MBA have made exemptions to the by-laws and the following steps are to be taken:
- If your team identifies a positive Covid case please contact Anita Ledger immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and 0423792669.
- Fill Ins – if you are unable to field a team due to players having to isolate, the following steps are to be taken if you have 5 or less players eligible to play:
- A fill in player must make the team up to 6 players only
- Fill in players must be from the same Club
- Fill in players must be from the age group below in first instance, if this is not possible fill in players may fill in from the same age group but must be from a lower division.
- The MBA will make exemptions for the Summer 2021/22 season for players to fill in more than 3 times within the season, but this must be requested in writing to the General Manager – email email@example.com
- Bye Swaps
- Where possible, the MBA will switch a team with the Bye team
- Where a team is not able to get fill in players and/or the MBA cannot swap for a Bye the game will be considered a 20-20 draw. There will be no forfeit.
If a player becomes ineligible for finals qualification due to Covid isolation the games missed will not count toward finals ineligibility.